Autodesk Labs: Item# Resequencing for AutoCAD
Resequence your electrical elements in a new way.
Keeping correct supplier and element numbers is an important part of any electrical design. The current Item Resequence capability of AutoCAD Electrical assigns item numbers by Drawing\Manufacturer rather than across the project. So a project can have Company A get a 1 and a Company B get a 2 on the first drawing, and Company A get a 3 and Company B a 4 on the second drawing. With lots of companies and lots of drawings, it can get rather confusing. Item Number Resequencing for AutoCAD Electrical is a free* technology preview that asks "What if the process of item resequencing was done differently?"
The technology preview is different from the released functionality in that it:
- Always processes the entire active project.
- Does not activate each drawing to process it, providing a performance improvement.
- Sorts catalog information based on Manufacturer and Catalog across the project, not on a per drawing basis.
- Assigns item numbers to schematic and panel devices.
- Ignores the project setting to reset for each drawing. Item numbers are always accumulated project-wide.
The add-on is available for AutoCAD Electrical 2015 and AutoCAD Electrical 2014.
* Free technology previews are subject to the terms and conditions of the end-user license and services agreement that accompanies download of the software.
JOIN THE PROJECT
By joining the project, you have the ability to download the technology preview, post your feedback in the discussion forum, and stay up to date with the latest developments concerning the technology preview. You will need an Autodesk login to join the project. If you do not have one, registration is free. Just select Create Account after clicking to join the technology preview.
We are granting you rights to participate in this limited technology preview at no cost to you. Please read and accept the following terms. By joining the project, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms referenced below. Do not join if you do not agree to be bound.
The technology preview is available worldwide, subject to applicable legal and regulatory restrictions. The End User License Agreement (Autodesk Pre-release Products Agreement) for this technology preview is available in English. As part of the install process, you will be required to accept and agree to be bound by the terms of the End User License Agreement accompanying the software. Please print and keep a copy of the End User License Agreement for your records.
By joining the project, I agree to the terms outlined above.