Autodesk Labs: Project Miller
Fix and view models before additive manufacturing.
Optimize and validate your design before you build it. Autodesk Simulation is extending this mission to the growing community of 3D printers. Project Miller is a free* technology preview developed to improve results with 3D printing. Is my model geometry printable? What changes can be made to improve it? What will the printed part look like? Like the ultimate Print Preview, Miller enables you to inspect your model, visualize how it will print, and identify problems in advance.
Once you've imported your CAD geometry or GCODE, Project Miller offers several visualization and simulation tools to evaluate your model inside and out:
- Result — View printing details such as feed rate, thickness or volume of extruded polymer, layer count and more
- Visual — View the model with solids or lines
- Animate — Watch how the model will be printed
- Clipping — Create a planar cut to examine the interior of your model
- Surface — If issues are detected, Miller’s Surface feature will help you re-surface your complex geometry and export an optimized 3D geometry (STL) for printing.
- Mesh — Choose how to re-mesh your model
* Free technology previews are subject to the terms and conditions of the end-user license and services agreement that accompanies download of the software.
We are granting you rights to participate in ths limited technology preview at no cost to you. Please read and accept the following terms. By joining the project, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms referenced below. Do not join if you do not agree to be bound.
The technology preview is available worldwide, subject to applicable legal and regulatory restrictions. The End User License Agreement (Autodesk Pre-reelase Products Agreement) for this technology preview is available in English. As part of the install process, you will be required to accept and agree to be bound by the terms of the End User License Agreement accompanying the software. Please print and keep a copy of the End User License Agreement for your records.
By joining the project, I agree to the terms outlined above.